As I’ve already stated, I’m pretty much obsessed with pizza. Maybe my favorite thing about pizza is the freedom to put whatever you want on a piece of dough and still be able to call it pizza. The discovery (well, for me it was a discovery, for others it was pretty old news) that fruit is one of the best pizza toppings led me to regularly attempt new fruit pizza creations. This is one of them, and it was incredible! It was also a good opportunity to use up some of the apricots from the half-box that I got from Sustainable 360.
Cardamom Apricot Pizza
Keep it simple:
- Apricots, halved and sprinkled with cardamom
- Walnuts, lightly candied with a bit of honey, salt, and butter
- Mozzarella and crumbled goat cheese\
- Olive oil (or maybe walnut oil if you have it!)
- Stretch out dough and drizzle lightly with oil.
- Arrange mozzarella, apricots, and walnuts, then crumble the goat cheese on top of everything.
- Bake as hot as your oven will allow (in my case I go between 500 and 550).